The talented Nadia Darwesh from The Writer’s Girl Diary nominated me for the Liebster Award 🙂 Nadia is an honest, down-to-earth blogger. She shares her tastes in books, movies, and music (which are on point!!). She also writes beautiful short stories and poetry. Ever since I’ve followed her blog, I’ve read every single post, and I find myself occasionally checking her blog to see if I’ve missed something. If you haven’t already checked out her blog, I recommend you do so 🙂
I am grateful that Nadia feels like my blog is worthy of this award. Thank you so much, Nadia! I sincerely appreciate it. 🙂
In order to receive The Liebster Award, you must be nominated by another reader or blogger. The reader/blogger nominates you because your blog has less than 1000 followers and is awesome! I feel honored to be nominated and I hope to spread the love with my own nominees below. 🙂
– Thank you nominator and post a link to his/her blog.
– Display the award on your blog.
– Answer the 11 questions provided by the nominator.
– Nominate 5-11 blogs which have less than 1000 followers, and let them know they’ve been nominated.
– Make up and post 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
– Post these rules on your blog.
Nadia’s questions and my answers:
1) If you were given a week to travel absolutely anywhere in the entire world, where would you go and why?
I would go to Mexico first because I’ve never been and that is where my mom is from. She is from the state of Zacatecas, so I would stay there and meet my family members. I would love to see the ranch where she grew up even though it’s changed a lot now.
2) Do you embrace conflict of shy away from it?
I sometimes embrace conflict, sometimes I shy away from it. It depends on the person in question and the situation at hand. For instance, I can be confrontational although it may take me time to do so (with friends, family) but with strangers I tend to shy away from conflict. Unless the stranger is being unbelievably rude.
3) Your best childhood read is…
Zahrah the Windseeker. Now, I didn’t read this is my childhood although I wish I did. I was introduced to this beautiful book by a close friend a year ago. It is an easy, quick read—I recommend it to anyone.
4) Tea or coffee?
This often changes… but at the moment it’s coffee. Sweetened and mocha flavored 🙂
5) If you could pick one song to be the theme song of your life, what would it be?
Breathing Underwater by Metric. 🙂
6) What is the most hurtful thing anyone has ever said to you, and why did it hurt so much?
One of the most hurtful things someone had said to me was that I would never amount to anything. It hurt because I expected this person, who I trusted very much, to believe in me—and the person didn’t.
7) If you were to collaborate with another blogger on a project, what would you like for it to be?
Today, I was scrolling through my WordPress feed, and I saw Letters to Cameroon’s Poems for Peace post. I would like to collaborate on a project like that, something that advocates for peace. 🙂
8) How many pets have you had in your life?
I’ve had 8 pets (4 birds, 2 dogs, a rabbit, and a cat). I currently only have a couple of birds and a cat. 🙂
9) Your favorite sport is…
Dancing! All kinds 🙂 Lately I’ve been into dancing Azonto even though I’m terrible.
10) If you could go back in time 5 years and advise your younger self, what would you tell her/him?
5 years ago is when I was 15. It’s crazy how time flies. I would tell myself to stop caring about boys so much. There are more important things to care about.
11) You have a choice to either go back in time to a moment in the past, or go forward to sometime in the future, which would you pick and why?
This question is difficult. After much thought, I’ve decided that I would rather go back in time to a moment in the past. I feel like if I went to a moment in the future, I’d be paranoid about my way of living in the present. But, if I went to the past, I could relive one of my memories, and have it even fresher in my mind.
the nominees (in no particular order):
1) The Paper Butterfly.A sweet, compassionate young woman who chronicles her journey as a writer and as a person with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and other health related issues. Her posts are informative, personal, and always interesting. I enjoy her fiction writings as well as those about her life.
2) A Monsoon of Words. A lovely blogger who writes about the issues and beauty of the world. She uses wonderful imagery, and her words have touched me. One of my favorite blogs to read.
3) Life in 100 words. I love Minnie’s poetry. They are short, deep, and sincere. Her work sometimes inspires my own.
4) Summer Surprises. This blogger posts every single day about something positive. It’s been a great way to start my day. 🙂
5) Christina Tesoro. Whether it be sharing the poetry of another writer or sharing her own, I love her posts.
6) Crystal Rivera. Such beautiful poetry.
7) Writes and Responsibilities. D.R. Sylvester shares his journey writing an urban fantasy novel. Always a delightful read.
8) Coffee with Noor. She posts daily about her musings, her poetry, different perspectives… I love it.
9) Girl, Interrupted. An awesome writer. Her work is thought provoking and authentic.
10) Fiery Tail Imagery. Photography, conceptual art, digital art, and storytelling…all of which I have enjoyed on her blog.
11) The Sister Wives. Founded by a group of women who share powerful, beautifully written pieces by other women who have suffered from varying kinds of abuse. So far, I’ve found every single post on their blog to be thought provoking.
my questions to the nominees:
What is your favorite board game?
Who/what are your writing inspirations?
How did you start blogging on WordPress?
What is your favorite joke or riddle?
What embarrasses you?
What’s the biggest personal change you’ve made?
Would you rather be hated or forgotten?
If you could try out any job for a day, which job would you like to try?
What’s the best piece of advice you ever heard?
What are some of your favorite books?
What’s your favorite dessert?
I look forward to reading all of your answers 🙂